WordCamp Orange County , CA, 2018 will take place June 9-10. In addition to the regular WordCamp format of speakers sharing their knowledge, there is also a mini-event called Plugin-A-Palooza. This year marks the fourth contest where plugin authors will compete for one of three prizes.
- First Place – $3,000 cash and 1 Sucuri Business (VIP) license
- Second Place – $1,500 cash and 1 Sucuri Business (VIP) license
- Third Place – $500 cash
Teams will be judged live based on the following criteria:
- User Experience/User Interface
- Code Quality
- Presentation of the plugin on WordPress.org.
Teams can have up to three participants, are required to build their own plugin, and upload it to the WordPress plugin directory by May 18th. Teams will present their plugins to the judges and audience on June 10th.
Previous winners and plugins include:
- 2015 Devin Walker- WP Rollback
- 2016 Robert Gillmer – WP Documentor
- 2017 Natalie MacLees – Simple Event Listing
Bridget Willard, WordCamp Orange County organizer, says the event encourages innovation and personal development which are important parts of WordCamps. “The first plugin that won was WPRollback by WordImpress,” she said. “It’s widely used in the community now. We’d love to see other camps doing this.”
If you’re interested in participating in Plugin-A-Palooza at WordCamp Orange County this year, you’ll need to fill out this entry form . The deadline for submissions is March 5th.