WordPress 4.3 Beta 2 is now available!
This software is still in development, so we don’t recommend you run it on a production site. Consider setting up a test site just to play with the new version. To test WordPress 4.3, try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies”). Or you can download the beta here (zip).
For more information about what’s new in version 4.3, check out the Beta 1 blog post . Some of the changes in Beta 2 include:
- Fixed an issue in beta 1 where an alert appeared when saving or publishing a new post/page for the first time.
- Customizer improvements including enhanced accessibility, smoother menu creation and location assignment, and the ability to handle nameless menus. Please help us test menus in the Customizer to fix any remaining edge cases!
- More robust list tables with full content support on small screens and a fallback for the primary column for custom list tables. We’d love to know how these list tables, such as All Posts and Comments, work for you now on small screen devices.
- The Site Icon feature has been improved so that cropping is skipped if the image is the exact size (512px square) and the media modal now suggests a minimum icon size. Please let us know how the flow feels and if you encounter any glitches!
- The toolbar now has a direct link to the customizer, along with quick access to themes, widgets, and menus in the dashboard.
- We enabled utf8mb4 for MySQL extension users, which was previously unintentionally limited to MySQLi users. Please let us know if you run into any issues.
- Various bug fixes. We’ve made almost 100 changes in the last week.
If you think you’ve found a bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. Or, if you’re comfortable writing a bug report, file one on the WordPress Trac . There, you can also find a list of known bugs and everything we’ve fixed .
Edges polished up
Beta Two: go test!